Stress Reduction Program For Pre-Teens
How Is Your Child Coping With Stress?
In today’s world, teens and pre-teens are under more pressure and experiencing higher levels of stress than ever before. An increasing demand in technology, academic preparation and life transitions often result in physical and emotional stressors, such as:
These stressors can affect your child’s well-being and happiness. A crucial skill in managing stress effectively is to be able to deal with change whenever it occurs. More than 30 years of scientific research has shown Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) to be an effective model in developing appropriate coping strategies in managing stress and restoring health and balance.
What Is Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction?
MBSR teaches the art of living in the present moment in a non-judgmental way. This is achieved through the art of simple meditation practices designed to reduce the challenge of everyday stressors. MBSR was developed by Jon Kabat-Zinn at the Center for Mindfulness, University of Massachusetts Medical School and has evolved into a form of complementary medicine, which is now recognized by many medical institutions worldwide.
In This Workshop Students Will Learn To:
- Sharpen their ability to focus and pay attention
- Experience life situations with less emotional reactivity
- Learn effective strategies for making better choices
- Increase kindness and compassion for themselves and others
- Learn skills for self care
- Gentle stretching and yoga
- Mindful meditation practice to encourage relaxation and awareness
- Self-reflection through journaling, activities and group discussion
Cost: $105 + gst for 4 sessions
October 3rd, 10th, 17th & 24th
From 5:30pm - 7pm
Location: 10 11A ST NE