Stress Reduction Program For Pre-Teens
How Is Your Child Coping With Stress?
In today’s world, teens and pre-teens are under more pressure and experiencing higher levels of stress than ever before. An increasing demand in technology, academic preparation and life transitions often result in physical and emotional stressors, such as:
These stressors can affect your child’s well-being and happiness. A crucial skill in managing stress effectively is to be able to deal with change whenever it occurs. More than 30 years of scientific research has shown Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) to be an effective model in developing appropriate coping strategies in managing stress and restoring health and balance.
What Is Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction?
MBSR teaches the art of living in the present moment in a non-judgmental way. This is achieved through the art of simple meditation practices designed to reduce the challenge of everyday stressors. MBSR was developed by Jon Kabat-Zinn at the Center for Mindfulness, University of Massachusetts Medical School and has evolved into a form of complementary medicine, which is now recognized by many medical institutions worldwide.
In This Workshop Students Will Learn To:
- Sharpen their ability to focus and pay attention
- Experience life situations with less emotional reactivity
- Learn effective strategies for making better choices
- Increase kindness and compassion for themselves and others
- Learn skills for self care
- Gentle stretching and yoga
- Mindful meditation practice to encourage relaxation and awareness
- Self-reflection through journaling, activities and group discussion
Cost: $105 + gst for 4 sessions
October 3rd, 10th, 17th & 24th
From 5:30pm - 7pm
Location: 10 11A ST NE
Kids Yoga Teacher Training
This training is for yoga teachers, school teachers, early childhood educators, specialty educators, doctors, therapists, and medical specialists, parents and grandparents, youth leaders, any one who works with children and loves be around children.
Our Children's Yoga Teacher Training is designed to accommodate your schedule, goals and aspirations as a yoga teacher.
We created this teacher training because we wanted to go above and beyond what is currently being marketed as “Children’s Yoga Teacher Training”. We believe that teaching yoga to children involves so much more than just postures, songs and games.
We brought together some of the most dynamic and resourceful information we could find– covering everything from history and philosophy to in depth children’s anatomy.
We believe that self-love is a required foundation for teaching kids and that in order to make a difference and teach authentically, we need to embrace our differences and be seen!
We believe in creativity, uniqueness and silliness (of course!).
But most of all, we believe in the importance of leveraging your uniqueness. So we invite you to show up as yourself and watch the magic unfold!
Following this in-class portion students will be given access to online modules which they will complete at their own pace.
* Foundation of teaching yoga and mindfulness practices to kids
* Skills for being an effective yoga teacher
* The application of the Yamas and Niyamas to teaching Kids’ Yoga
* Early and middle childhood development (ages 3 – 10) and adolescence
* Class management: Turning challenges into opportunities for growth
* Sequencing children’s yoga classes
* Songs, games, and stories for yoga classes
* Musculoskeletal development and introducing anatomy to children to build self-awareness, body awareness, and prevent injury
* Organizing yoga classes for different contexts: schools, studios, and yoga camps
FRIDAY FEB 9th 5:00PM-8:00PM
SATURDAY FEB 10th 8:00AM-6:00PM
SUNDAY FEB 11th 8:00AM-6:00PM
FRIDAY FEB 23rd 5:00PM-8:00PM
SATURDAY FEB 24th 8:00AM-6:00PM
SUNDAY FEB 25th 8:00AM-6:00PM
SATURDAY MAR 10th 8:00AM-6:00PM
SUNDAY MAR 11th 8:00AM-6:00PM
SATURDAY MAR 24th 8:00AM-6:00PM
SUNDAY MAR 25th 8:00AM-6:00PM
$1750 + gst (Incudes Manual)
Payment plans available!
A Note Regarding Accreditation: Please note that 100% attendance is required to receive the 95-hour certificate. Hours can be applied towards the 500 hour certification, as well as Continuing Education Units with Yoga Alliance. Please note: In order to become a certified Registered Children’s Yoga Teacher (RCYT), students must have completed Kids Yoga Teacher Training, and a 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training recognized by the Yoga Alliance.
Requirements: All those wishing to teach yoga to children MUST complete a Police Clearance/Background Check and First Aid/CPR. This is not required prior to attending the training.